Living in rural Alaska, we do lots of our shopping at Costco. Lots… As it turns out, Costco offers some great options for backpacking foods, and we’d like to share some of our favorites with you! Keep these in mind when you’re shopping for your next Alaska backpacking trip!
- Tassos Sun Dried Tomatoes – great in Mac n’ Cheese with Sunnies and Spice!
- Golden Grill Instant Hash Browns – Fancy Mexi Breakfast Bowl
- Honest Earth Creamy Mashed Potato Flakes – great to thicken recipes that come out too runny
- Kirkland Signature Pre-Cooked Bacon – add it to any breakfast!
- Kirkland Signature Cashew Clusters – a great high-energy trail snack!
- Stretch Island Fruit Leathers – another great trail snack!
- Starbucks Via – by far the easiest coffee solution we’ve found…
- Crystal Light On The Go – a lightweight way to mix up your beverage options
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese Packets – a staple ingredient in Denali Sandwiches!
So next time you’re shopping Costco, add a few of these items to your cart so you’re ready for your next adventure!