Discover true wilderness…
Fly deep into the pristine backcountry of Wrangell – St. Elias and set up a central camp, exploring the surrounding area on day hikes or paddles. Each basecamp destination provides a staging ground for epic adventures without the burden of a heavy backpack or a committing point-to-point itinerary. Immerse yourself in the grandeur of Alaska’s largest National Park.
- Beginner campers
- Families with younger children
- Groups with mixed abilities and interests
- Hikers with injuries that may prevent them from carrying a heavy pack
- Hikers looking for a more relaxing experience. Please note that all the terrain in the Wrangells is quite rugged so some level of athleticism and a sense of adventure is always required to get around the wilderness.
- Customized trip planning
- Orientation and a Gear Shakedown
- Your professional guides
- Scenic bush flights in and out of the backcountry
- All the food while you’re in the backcountry
- Group gear and technical equipment
Adventures with Ease
We know this area can be a little tricky, logistically speaking, so we’re here to help! We can arrange transportation to and from the Wrangells, local lodging, and other local activities before and after the backcountry trip. Upgrade your backcountry adventure to a Trip Package!
Group & Private Trips
All of our Basecamp trips are offered in a Private Trip format and custom dates are available. Our Fan Glacier Basecamp is also available in a Group Trip format. Contact our Expedition Coordinator to start planning your trip! CLICK HERE to schedule a call at a time that works well for you.