TERMS + CONDITIONS
St. Elias Alpine Guides (SEAG) reserves the right to deny participation before or during a trip if we find a participant to be mentally or physically unprepared. During a trip, SEAG reserves the right to require a person to leave at his/her expense, if it is determined that he/she is unfit to continue. Furthermore, the participant reserves the right to leave a trip at any time, weather permitting, but will do so at his/her own expense – in these cases, there will be no refund of fees.
DAY TRIP POLICIES
Your payment is fully refundable up to 48 hours prior to the start of the trip. If anything comes up prior to that time, call or email us to cancel your reservation for a full refund. Within 48 hours, there is no refund for cancellations. No-shows will be charged the full price. Our trips go out rain or shine! In the rare event that we have to cancel a trip due to dangerous conditions, you will be notified and receive a full refund.
Weather may cause delays, reroutes, or unexpected overnight trips. Although extremely unlikely, there is a small chance unfavorable weather conditions may require you and your guide to stay overnight in the backcountry. On all of our Fly-In Trips, your guide will come prepared with an overnight bag that includes shelter, sleeping bags/pads, and food for your group. Your guide will also have a satellite phone in order to communicate with the flight service. Unexpected reroutes that result in a longer flight will incur additional fees. You will be responsible for covering the cost of these fees.
MULTI-DAY TRIP POLICIES
Trip Interruption & Itinerary Changes
To secure your spot on the trip, we charge a deposit at the time of booking – $500 per person for just the trip or $1,000 per person for Trip Packages and Mountaineering expeditions. We collect the balance 30 days before the itinerary begins. Reservations made within 30 days of the trip starting are required to pay in full at the time of booking.
Multi-day Trip Cancellations
If you cancel before 30 days of the itinerary start date you are eligible to receive a 90% refund of any payments made.*
If you cancel within 14-30 days of the itinerary start date you are eligible for a 50% refund of any payments made.*
No refunds are offered for cancellations within 14 days of the itinerary start date.*
*Instead of getting a refund, you can always choose to hold the entirety of your payments with us and apply them to a future trip if you prefer. (If you choose this option, you forgo the option to receive a refund later.)
Group Trip Minimums
In order to guarantee any* St. Elias Alpine Guides Group Trip goes at the listed Group Rate, a minimum of 3 participants must sign up. At 45 days prior to the starting date we will let you know whether or not your trip has met the minimum number of participants to guarantee the Group Rates. If your trip has not met the minimum, you will have 2 full weeks to choose on of the following options:
- You may pay a surcharge to guarantee the trip. This surcharge varies depending on the trip and how many participants are signed up. If others join and the Group minimum is met after you pay the surcharge, you will be refunded the surcharge.
- You may switch to any other itinerary during the same dates – subject to availability and trip price adjustment.
- You may roll your entire balance into a credit for a future trip with no penalty.
*Rafting trips have pricing set for Groups of different sizes. 30 days before the trip begins, we will let you know how many people have signed up for the trip and adjust your final pricing accordingly, at which time your balance will be due. If more participants sign up after you’ve paid your final balance, we will refund you the difference between the rate you paid and the newly adjusted Group Rate.
Starting a New Group Trip
If you’d like to join a Group Trip but we’re not already offering the dates you want, you can start a new Group Trip. We recommend starting a new Group Trip no later than 2-3 months before the start date. Contact us by phone or email if you’re interested.
- We will always do our best to fill your Group Trip, but we cannot guarantee that enough participants will join to guarantee the Group Rates. See Group Trip Minimums (above).
- You can try to find a group of your own on our Trip Partner Finder Facebook Page – Connect with adventures with similar interests and find partners whose travel dates align with yours!
- Check in with us to make sure our guides, our air taxi partners, and other logistics are available in the date range you’re looking at, or find out why we might not offer a particular trip at a particular time.