One of the biggest perks of our bi-weekly mail plane deliveries is getting packages from Amazon! Turns out, Amazon Prime does ship to McCarthy (it just takes much longer than 2 days to arrive…). In recent years, we’ve been buying more and more backpacking ingredients from Amazon – here are a few of our favorites!
- Justin’s Peanut Butter Packets – a no-mess, convenient way to pack peanut butter
- Reed’s Ginger Chews – great to have in your pocket for a quick burst of energy
- Freeze Dried Veggies & Meats – help minimize your food weight
- Starbucks Via Packets – a quick and easy way to make coffee, with no clean-up
- Lipton Cup-a-Soup – a nice appetizer that hydrates and replenishes salts
- Knorr Pesto Sauce Mix – a staple for pasta dishes
- Grace Coconut Milk Powder – great for curry dishes or sweet breakfasts
So keep these ingredients in mind when you’re planning your next Alaska backpacking trip. Bon appetit!
Looking for some recipes to put these ingredients to use? Check out the Wilderness Cookin’ posts on our blog!