This simple and quick dinner tastes amazing on the trail and comes from ingredients you should already have in your pantry or fridge!
Serves: 2 very hungry guides or 3 moderately hungry people
- 1 box of Mac n’ Cheese (Annie’s works great!)
- ¼ cup of sun dried tomatoes, triple bagged
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- Butter and powdered milk (per amounts listed on Mac n’ Cheese box) + a little extra butter for sauteing veggies
- ½ cup of veggies (broccoli, peas, etc.) per person – dehydrated veggies are easy and lightweight, but fresh veggies are tastier!
- Optional – can of tuna for additional protein
Saute fresh veggies over stove or rehydrate dehydrated veggies with hot water. Boil noodles until almost cooked, still a bit firmer than desired. Remove most of the water (to a separate vessel so you can re-add it if needed) but save back enough to add the sauce mix, butter, milk powder, and tomatoes. Toss in the veggies and optional tuna. Once everything is hydrated and warm, it’s time to eat up! Bon appetit!