— Three-Day Ice Climbing Camp —
- Price: $1,195/person 1 guide: 2 participants,
$995/person 1 guide: 3-4 participants
- Trip Length: 3 Days
- Difficulty: Requiring Fitness and a Sense of Adventure!
- Dates: June 6-8, June 14-16,
June 21-23, July 2-4,
July 12-14, July 20-22,
Aug 1-3, Aug 17-19,
Sept 10-12, 2021
- Trip Itinerary / Download PDF
- Equipment List
- Photo Gallery
If you’re interested in ice climbing, but want to take it to the next level, our Three-Day Ice Climbing Camp is for you! Spend three days on the glacier learning the ins and outs of this exciting sport, with professional guides providing expert instruction! Weather you’re new to climbing ice or a seasoned climber, you’re sure to learn new skills and techniques to use in your future ice climbing objectives!
This is a 3-day trip, so you’ll be carrying out all your climbing gear and overnight gear (tents, sleeping bags, etc.) to the glacier, where you can set up camp and quickly access a variety climbing locations on the Root Glacier to practice your skills. While your training can be adjusted to meet your experience and interests, some topics covered will include: equipment, technique, knots and ropework, anchors, and rappelling.
- Ice climbing instruction in one of the most beautiful environments in the world!
- Friendly and knowledgeable guides to teach you “the ropes.”
- A perfect playground for climbing and setting anchors on glacier ice.
- Delicious meals cooked by our friendly and personable guides.
At St. Elias Alpine Guides, safety and customer experience is our number one goal. Our experienced climbing guides have been leading mountaineering courses, backpacking tours and glacier ice climbing seminars in this remote Alaskan wilderness for over 30 years. You’ll be in good hands from the moment you meet your guide until you’re swapping stories in our office at the end of the trip.
“A fantastic experience — wild Alaska at its best!”
Click on the markers below to view important points along your trip. Check out that zoom feature!