— Full-Day Glacier Hike —
- Price: $145 Adult / $125 Child
- Trip Length: 8 Hours
- Difficulty: Requiring Fitness and a Sense of Adventure!
- Dates: Offered daily at 9am from May 27th to September 11th, 2022. Custom/private trips available – inquire with us for details! Custom times may be available.
- Trip Itinerary / Download PDF
- Equipment List
- Photo Gallery
Best Glacier Hiking in Alaska
For adventurous travelers seeking an Alaska day hike without time constraints, this adventure provides ample time for exploring and discovering the wonders of the Root Glacier. Your professional mountain guide will share in your excitement as you explore deep out onto the glacier because they know the chances of discovering a cave-like feature or enormous blue pool for the first time are good.
- A full day of exploration on the most varied glacial terrain in Alaska – great for anyone who can hike approximately 7-9 miles
- Small group size – no more than 6 guests with one guide!
- The possibility to hike to Donoho Falls, where a huge waterfall plunges under the edge of the glacier
- Exploring unique glacial features, such as rivers, waterfalls, canyons, blue pools, and moulins (deep shafts cut into the ice by flowing surface water)
You will start out by hiking the 2-mile moderate trail (with some steep sections) to the glacier from our office in Kennecott, then spend the rest of the day on the ice, exploring the stunning glacial features such as pools, canyons, waterfalls, and moulins. You will travel further and see more than you would on our half-day option. Best Glacier Hiking in Alaska, hands down!
Are you unsure if this is the trip for you? Buy a Gift Card in advance, giving you the ultimate flexibility as you plan your Alaska adventure!
We encourage advanced reservations for all of our activities. If you’re planning on heading out to the Wrangells this summer, please make a reservation today! You can easily book online yourself by clicking the orange “Book This Trip” button on the left or give us a call and we’ll be happy to assist you!
Price: $145 Adult / $125 Child
*Lunch is not included in trip prices, but you’re welcome to purchase a Snack Pack for $8.
“A fantastic experience — wild Alaska at its best!”
Click on the markers below to view important points along your trip. Check out that zoom feature!