— Full Day Glacier Hike —
- Price: $130 Adult / $110 Child
- Trip Length: 8 Hours
- Difficulty: Requiring Fitness and a Sense of Adventure!
- Dates: Offered daily at 9am from May 23rd to September 13th, 2020. Custom/private trips available – inquire with us for details! Custom times may be available.
- Trip Itinerary / Download PDF
- Equipment List
- Photo Gallery
Best Glacier Hiking in Alaska
For adventurous travelers seeking an Alaska day hike without time constraints, this adventure provides ample time for exploring and discovering the wonders of the Root Glacier. Your professional mountain guide will share in your excitement as you explore deep out onto the glacier because they know the chances of discovering an ice cave or enormous blue pool for the first time are good.
- A full day of exploration on the most varied glacial terrain in Alaska – great for anyone who can hike approximately 7-9 miles
- Small group size – no more than 6 guests with one guide!
- The possibility to hike to Donoho Falls, where a huge waterfall plunges under the edge of the glacier
- Exploring unique glacial features, such as rivers, waterfalls, canyons, blue pools, and moulins (deep shafts cut into the ice by flowing surface water)
You will start out by hiking the 2 mile moderate trail (with some steep sections) to the glacier from our office in Kennecott, then spend the rest of the day on the ice, exploring the stunning glacial features such as pools, canyons, waterfalls and moulins. You will travel further and see more than you would on our half-day option. Best Glacier Hiking in Alaska, hands down!
Price: $130 Adult / $110 Child
*Lunch is not included in trip prices, but you’re welcome to purchase a Snack Lunch for $12.
“A fantastic experience — wild Alaska at its best!”
Click on the markers below to view important points along your trip. Check out that zoom feature!