— Glacier & Tundra Backpack Trip —
- Group Rate: $1,325/person (5 days)
for 3 or more participants
Private Trips Available
- Trip Length: 4-6 Days
- Difficulty: Requiring Fitness and a Sense of Adventure!
- Dates: Aug 16-20,
Aug 27-31 (+Ice Climbing),
Sep 7-Sep 10, 2021
Custom Dates Available!
- Trip Itinerary / Download PDF
- Equipment List
- Photo Gallery
Snowy peaks, living glaciers, & lush tundra
Come experience the wild beauty of Alaska while backpacking with us on the Glacier and Tundra Exploration trip. At 13.2 million acres, Alaska’s Wrangell St. Elias National Park is the largest national park in the United States. It is home to massive glaciers, lofty mountain peaks, and lush, tundra-carpeted valleys. This trip gives you a great sampling of the variety of terrain found in the Park as you travel through one of its most breathtaking glacial valleys.
The Glacier and Tundra Exploration trip is a perfect backpacking trip for people interested in pushing their own personal limits, learning new skills, and spending some quality time in the splendid Alaskan wilderness.
Ask us about the option to cap off this amazing trip by spending the final day ice climbing on the Root Glacier!
- Guided backpacking through spectacular Alaskan scenery
- Exploring blue glacial pools and green tundra-covered mountainsides
- Learning new skills from experienced mountain guides
- Optional ice climbing on the last day!
- Experiencing Alaska wilderness backpacking in the Wrangell St. Elias Natiteonal Park
“A fantastic experience — wild Alaska at its best!”
Click on the markers below to view important points along your trip. Check out that zoom feature!