— Skolai Pass Basecamp Mini-Backpack —
- Group Price: $1,795
for 3 or more participants
Private Trips Available
- Trip Length: 4 Days
- Difficulty: Requiring Fitness and a Sense of Adventure!
- Dates: June 25-28, July 9-12,
July 12-15 (Full!)
July 21-24, Aug 4-7,
Aug 24-27, 2020
Custom Dates Available
- Trip Itinerary / Download PDF
- Equipment List
- Photo Gallery
Best Hiking and Backpacking in Alaska
When we picture the perfect setting for a hiking or backpacking trip, the alpine tundra of Skolai Pass is right at the top. To the south, this remote valley is flanked by the exotic Hole-in-the-Wall Glacier with its seven icy tongues. To the north, the mighty Frederika Glacier lumbers down towards Skolai Valley.
A day hike to Chitistone Pass provides views deep into the Yukon Territory and of the western edge of the St. Elias Range capped by 16,421 ft (5,005 m) Mt. Bona. Dwarf Fireweed and alpine Forget-me-Nots dot the tundra in the summer and the piercing red of bear berry and dwarf willow blaze in the autumn. Come join us in visiting this spectacular backcountry kingdom in the remote Wrangell Mountains!
- Base camping and backpacking in a stunning, remote alpine valley.
- Day hike to the expansive views from Chitistone Pass.
- Bears, sheep, and caribou frequent the area.
- Explore the unspoiled Alaskan wilderness!
“A fantastic experience — wild Alaska at its best!”
Click on the markers below to view important points along your trip. Check out that zoom feature!