— Mt. Sanford Ski and Climb —
An introduction to big, remote, Alaska mountaineering!
After a comfy night preparing for your trip in Chistochina, jump into a ski-plane for a 20-minute flight as you and your gear are swept from the familiar rolling tundra and wildflowers of the Northern Wrangells into a world of ice and snow. Embrace the beauty, as well as the challenges, of winter camping, skirting crevasses, and unparalleled scenery as you climb or ski your way up the Sheep Glacier towards the summit of the 6th tallest peak in the United States. While presented with the classic mountaineering challenges like arctic weather, altitude, and glacier travel, Mt. Sanford also provides plenty of suitable terrain for learning and practicing the many mountaineering skills required to be safe in the mountains.
- Stay in comfortable lodging in Chistochina before and after your trip
- Gain over 13,000 vertical feet as you climb to the summit
- Ample opportunities to learn and practice crevasse rescue, route-finding, whiteout navigation, and many other skills!
- Perfect first Alaskan expedition for the budding high-altitude mountaineer
- A great expedition for both climbers and skiers
starting at $4,945
“A fantastic experience — wild Alaska at its best!”
Click on the markers below to view important points along your trip. Check out that zoom feature!