— Copper River —
- Price: $2,450 (6 days), $2,700 (7 days), $2,950 (8 days)
- Trip Length: 6,7 or 8 Days
- Difficulty: Minimal Experience Required
- Dates: 7-Day: June 24-30, July 10-16, Aug 4-10, 2018, 6-Day and 8-Day: on demand only, Custom Dates Available for groups of 4 or more. Contact us for details.
- Trip Itinerary / Download PDF
- Equipment List
- Photo Gallery
Alaska’s most magnificent river canyon
The Copper River is the only waterway to cut through the mighty Chugach Mountains, from the dry interior of the Wrangell-St. Elias to the lush Copper River Delta. Our journey is one of the most awe-inspiring in the world, as glaciers and waterfalls spill out of the mountains all around us. We are likely to spot a wide variety of wildlife, possibly including eagles, bears, salmon, seals, otters, beavers, arctic terns and many others birds and mammals. We will travel through a wide variety of landscapes, from narrow canyons to wide open sand dunes to lush channels lined by dense underbrush. As we move downstream, the scenery gets more and more spectacular, until we careen through Abercrombie Rapids and into Miles Lake, where two magnificent glaciers calve into the water. After floating in front of the towering ice-face of the Childs Glacier and into the Copper River Delta, our journey ends less than ten miles from the salty waters of Prince William Sound.
- Steep and towering Chugach Mountains
- Waterfalls and glaciers pouring from green peaks
- Wildlife such as grizzlies, eagles, seals and salmon
- Huge Miles and Child’s glaciers calving into the river
Price: $2,450 (6 days), $2,700 (7 days), $2,950 (8 days)
“A fantastic experience — wild Alaska at its best!”
Click on the markers below to view important points along your trip. Check out that zoom feature!