— Nizina Glacier Hike & Kayak —
- Group Rate: $2,065/participant
for 3 or more participants
Private Trips Available
- Trip Length: 3 Days
- Difficulty: Minimal Experience Required, Customized Based on Goals and Ability
- Dates: June 18-20,
June 25-27, July 9-11,
July 18-20, July 23-25,
Aug 3-5, Aug 13-15,
Aug 22-24, 2021
Custom Dates Available
- Trip Itinerary / Download PDF
- Equipment List
- Photo Gallery
Floating Icebergs & Trekking in Alaska
Located within a short bush plane flight of McCarthy, Alaska, the Nizina Glacier offers a spectacular setting for a remote, wilderness base-camping adventure. Surrounded by grand peaks, the massive ice flow of the Nizina Glacier will take your breath away, as it descends from the high snow fields surrounding 13,845 ft (4,219m) Regal Mountain. Views of the glacier capped peaks up the valley will captivate you, and walking on this impressive glacier is the experience of a lifetime.
At the toe of the glacier, an iceberg-filled lake forms the headwaters of the mighty Nizina River. Pleasant walking along the edge of the lake makes this a great hiking adventure for families and people of all ages and abilities. We can even bring inflatable kayaks and explore the ‘bergs by boat as well! Day hiking opportunities abound and wildlife sightings are not unusual.
- Exploring iceberg-filled Nizina Lake
- Spectacular flight along the Mile-High cliffs
- Base camping near the ever-changing Nizina Glacier
- Day hiking and inflatable kayaking in the remote Wrangell St. Elias National Park
“A fantastic experience — wild Alaska at its best!”
Click on the markers below to view important points along your trip. Check out that zoom feature!