— Donoho Peak Wilderness —
- Trip Length: 4 Days
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Average Total Mileage: 20-30mi
- Total Elevation Gain/Loss: 1,000-5,000ft
(This trip is highly customizable with many route options to choose from.)
- Private Solo – $2,200
- Private 2 Participant – $1,250/person
- Private 3-6 Participant – $940/person
- Group – $895/person
- Group Trip Dates:
June 18-21, 2023
Sept 3-6, 2023
Private Trips with custom dates available.
- Trip Itinerary / Download PDF
- Equipment List
- Photo Gallery
Backpack in Alaska’s Kennecott Valley
For many of us, the word “Alaska” conjures up images of rugged mountains, white glaciers, serene alpine lakes, and abundant wildflowers and vegetation – all the things offered right in our own backyard! The Donoho Peak Wilderness exploration is an excellent introduction to the rugged terrain and supreme natural beauty found in the Wrangell St. Elias National Park. With so much to see and explore, we’re able to tailor the experience to your goals and abilities.
- Hike in/Hike out trip means easy logistics and lower rate
- Endless possibilities for customization of the route and itinerary
- Perfect for both beginner backpackers and expert adventurers
- Explore several glaciers and their wild features
- Opportunity to climb Donoho Peak or get high views from Regal Mine
- Optional Ice-climbing Add-on available!
- Professional guide(s) – 4:1 ratio
- All the food on the trip
- Group gear (bear canisters, cookware, fuel, tents*)
*We recommend that you bring your own tent, if possible.
What’s not Included?
- Personal camping and hiking gear (see Equipment List)
- Logistics surrounding your trip
You’ll need to be in McCarthy the day before your trip begins for an Orientation and Gear Shakedown. You’ll meet your guide, grab group gear and make sure you are fully prepared to go into the backcountry.
Please account for a full day for travel both to and from McCarthy and the next Alaskan destination. We don’t recommend leaving McCarthy the last day of your trip as this cuts significantly into your last backcountry day and usually makes for a very hectic drive.
If you are planning your trip +2 months before your trip start date, upgrade to a Trip Package! A Trip Package will include transportation to/from McCarthy, local lodging, and any other local activities you’re interested in. We charge a non-refundable $50 Trip Package fee per person for this service.
Get in Touch!
Looking to book a Private Trip or not sure if this is the right trip for you? Schedule a call with our Expedition Coordinator – she’ll help you narrow down which trip is best for you and answer any questions you have about our trips, the local area, or surrounding logistics!
CLICK HERE to schedule a call at a time that works well for you.
“A fantastic experience — wild Alaska at its best!”
Click on the markers below to view important points along your trip. Check out that zoom feature!