— Donoho Peak Wilderness —
- Group Rate: $895/person
for 3 or more participants
Private Trips Available
- Trip Length: 4 Days
- Difficulty: Minimal Experience Required
- Upcoming Dates: June 1-4,
June 14-17, June 28-July 1,
July 12-16, July 23-26,
Aug 8-11, Aug 22-25,
Sep 5-8, 2021
Custom Dates Available
- Trip Itinerary / Download PDF
- Equipment List
- Photo Gallery
Backpack in Alaska’s Kennecott Valley
For many of us, the word “Alaska” conjures up images of rugged mountains, brawling rivers, and abundant wildlife – all the things offered right in our own backyard! The Donoho Peak Wilderness Exploration is an excellent introduction to the rugged terrain and supreme natural beauty found in the Wrangell St. Elias National Park. And since the trip departs from our doorstep, we’re able to offer the trip to you at a very affordable rate.
- Majestic views of Mt. Blackburn (16,390 ft/4,995 m) and the mile-high (1.6 km) Stairway Icefall
- Expert instruction on wilderness backpacking techniques in Alaska.
- Opportunity to climb the slopes of Donoho Peak and explore the majestic Regal Mine.
- Exploring the streams, blue pools, and moulins of the Root Glacier.
We can customize the itinerary to match all ages and abilities – from moderate backpacking to strenuous mountain climbing. This is a great trip for families, first time backpackers, and serious adventurers looking for a good budget option to explore the Wrangell St. Elias. Come join us!
“A fantastic experience — wild Alaska at its best!”
Click on the markers below to view important points along your trip. Check out that zoom feature!