— Historic Bremner Mine Exploration —
- Price: $1,985
for 3 or more participants
Private Trips Available
- Trip Length: 4 Days
- Difficulty: Minimal Experience Required, Customized Based on Goals and Ability
- Dates: June 29 – July 2,
Aug 20-23, 2020
Custom Dates Available
- Trip Itinerary / Download PDF
- Equipment List
- Photo Gallery
The Bremner Mine is a 40-minute bush plane flight south of McCarthy, and is nestled in an alpine pass between the Chitina and Bremner Rivers. Designated the Bremner Historic District, this abandoned gold mine provides a unique glimpse into what it was like to be part of the great “gold rush” to Alaska a century ago.
Day hikes head out in any direction; south down Golconda Creek to scamper to ridges for panoramic views of the Chugach Mountains, or north towards Monahan Creek and the shores of a sky-blue alpine lake with views of the high Wrangells.
No camping experience is needed. People of all abilities are invited to visit this remote wilderness.
- Base camping and trekking while exploring an historic gold mine
- Breathtaking views of the Wrangell Mountains and Bagley Icefield
- Day hiking on lush green tundra in the Chugach Mountains
- Exploring high ridges, alpine lakes, and wildflower-filled valleys
“A fantastic experience — wild Alaska at its best!”
Click on the markers below to view important points along your trip. Check out that zoom feature!