Lead Class II-III+ river rafting trips on remote glacial rivers
St. Elias Alpine Guides is closely affiliated with Copper Oar Rafting – based together out of the same headquarters in the tiny town of McCarthy. We are seeking experienced raft guides to join our operation!
The rivers we run are not extremely technical in nature (up to Class III+) but they have Class V consequences with remoteness, volume, temperature and their continuous nature. Guides must be conservative in all their decisions – adrenaline junkies do not do well here. However, if you like spectacular scenery, varied work, and guiding on rivers in a true wilderness setting, it doesn’t get any better than this!
We are looking for friendly, personable, professional guides with the ability to work with a wide variety of colleagues and clients. Applicants should have:
- commercial guiding experience on Class III-IV whitewater
- solid Class III-IV rowing skills (not paddle-captaining) as we use oar frames
- at least 30 days on the oars, preferably on high-volume and/or glacially-fed rivers
- previous experience leading multi-day river trips is a big bonus
At this time, we are only hiring raft guides who are also interested in working as day hiking guides and historical tour leaders. Guides with climbing experience may also have the opportunity to lead one-day ice climbing seminars.
For a FULL LIST of QUALIFICATIONS click HERE!
To apply, send the following application materials to email@example.com:
- cover letter stating your interest in working for us
- a detailed and current work history resume
- a summary of outdoor experience