Lead half and full day glacier hikes and alpine hikes
We are searching for guides to lead our half and full-day glacier hikes as well as occasional alpine hikes. Most days, hiking guides will be leading 5-8 hour hikes on the Root Glacier which is about 2 miles from our office in Kennecott. This is a non-technical hike (no ropes are required) and we will teach you the glacier skills needed for the position. Guides are responsible for picking up clients at their lodging, fitting them with crampons and other gear, teaching them about the human and natural history of the area during the hike, demonstrating crampon technique, and monitoring safety throughout the day.
Applicants do not need to have previous guiding or glacier experience but must have:
- significant personal experience in the outdoors and a desire to learn more
- a friendly and professional attitude
- interpretive and teaching skills
- public speaking and group management skills
- First Aid/CPR certification is required, Wilderness Advanced First Aid or First Responder is preferred
For a FULL LIST of QUALIFICATIONS click HERE!
All hiking guides must also be willing to work as historical tour leaders. Skills and motivation permitting, you will also have the opportunity to be trained to lead one-day top-rope ice climbing seminars.
To apply, send the following application materials to [email protected]:
- cover letter stating your interest in working for us
- a detailed and current work history resume
- a summary of outdoor experience